terça-feira, 5 de agosto de 2014

Blogging Excavations: Gravity Falls review

Good afternoon and welcome to Blog Excavations. For the next couple of days, I will "extract" my blog posts from Toonzone. I can't extract from my old CN blog because I cringe more than what was written on my blog at Toonzone. Anyway, let's start with a review of Gravity Falls I wrote fourteen months ago.
---
FINALLY! The long awaited, very well anticipated premiere to Gravity Falls has reached Portugal! Originally scheduled for October 31st, it sadly got delayed to... well... today. But! What am I talking about? Here's my review:
FUN: The show is half fun. Well, at least for me.
ANIMATION WISE: The design's well made, the character designs as well, but the show's logo looks vaguely like those postcard pictures.
ORIGINALITY: The show's very original, minus the "Summer Vacation" part, idealized by Phineas and Ferb.
PLOT: Yes. It begins with the two main characters (sorry, because I don't want to write down the names, they are perfunctory to me) going to visit Stan in Oregon. Later, they are actually STUCK. And everything becomes a mysterious world of mystery.
PERFUNCTORITY: Lame. They don't go back home in time for school, they don't return to their old home, and we can't see their parents until episode 38439 (which will be the last episode if it becomes oversucessful). And WHY TO THEY NEED FREAKISH SYMBOLS AND SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES? Damn...
OVERALL: Overall, I give it a 5/10, because of it's perfunctority, as well as those subliminal messages of sorts. Please stop making this until the show gets a more urban feel to it.
LOST IN TRANSLATION: In the European Portuguese dub, "Sascrotch" becomes "Sasquatch". Also, why the subtitles? The show is dubbed! Tiny subtitles are useless to tell the viewer what the sign says.
---
How weird I looked like last year...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário